My Environment : PowerDesigner 18.104.22.168 (4693)
Does someone attempted to import the new version of the FHIM model (2015-05) (XMI format) using PowerDesigner?
When I start loading FHIM Model, PowerDesigner display the following information :
a) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Do you know what that mean ? What can I do ?
b) When PowerDesigner try to create Symbols it crash with the following message « AccessViolationException was unhandled ». Not able to found « Sybase.Modeling.Pd.Oom.Xmi.pdb » from « Sybase.Modeling.Pd.Oom.Xmi.dll »
c) With PowerDesigner 16.5.0 (3982) PowerDesigner create a OOM model EMPTY and display the following message « The index (zero based) must be greater or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list »
d) For HL7 models import
1) When I try to Import the .xmi file I have the same problem as FHIM models.
2) I tried to load XML file with PowerDesigner Import XMI file (extension .xml) but PowerDesigner say It can’t.
3) Finally I tried to Import .uml extension file no more result.
- UML2 is an EMF-based implementation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.x OMG metamodel for the Eclipse platform.
I would like debug XMI Import. How can I do that ? Did someone already done this? Is there an extension with the XMI import code as Excel Import ?
a) The Federal Health, HL7, etc produce models by using Rational Software Architect ™ by IBM.
b) PowerDesigner offers the option to import Rational Rose extension .mdl. But Rational Rose product is no longer updated since 2008!
c) Does SAP think support RSA extension « .emx » soon ? Many organizations furnish models in « emx ». See HL7 Reference Information Model
d) My understanding is that Rational Rose was based on UML 1.4 standards. IBM Rational has since built a new modeling platform on the Eclipse environment, which includes an open source reference implementation of UML 2. i.e. IBM Rational Software Architect – RSA, Rational Software Modeler, and Rational Systems Developer are all based on that newer platform.
- Rational Rose store models into files with extension (.mdl).
- Rational Software Architect store models into files with extension (.emx).